This place here informs on Pythonxy-linux for Ubuntu-based linux distributions.
In short this team and initiative aims to provide a turnkey software platform for nearly all aspects of the number crunching with Python on Ubuntu.
On these pages
These pages provide information on
- the scientific Python packages available for the (Debian) / Ubuntu linux distributions
- special focus is on packaging for dedicated PPA repositories to enrich what is available on Ubuntu-based distributions
- the packaging efforts include
- automatically updating packages with upstream changes
- adding new and interesting libraries and packages to the PPA
- bundling in general and domain-specific meta-packages
The more information is given on a dedicated page about this project.
This site includes also:
- A list of to similar iniatives and Python distributions
- For the reader's comfort,